What questions should you ask when interview real estate agents to help you buy or sell a home?
For example, relocation buyers will need an agent that is very familiar with the area and most likely need an agent that is tech-savvy for completing the transaction remotely. A seller that is also buying a home may need an agent with a lot of marketing experience plus the resources to help them coordinate their transactions. In all cases, references are important.
Consider these questions/topics:
- Top Three Things That Make the Agent Different? Examples can range from marketing to knowledge. Acceptable answers are:
- Strong repeat record of satisfied customers
- Extensive online marketing
- Good negotiation skills
- Extensive resources for financing, inspections, moving, etc
- What market education can you share with me to help me make my decisions?
- How Long Have You Been in the Business?
- How much continuing education do you take or extra certifications do you have?
- Best Marketing Plan / Strategy?
- What areas do they service?
- Have you received any special recognition or awards in real estate?
- Average List-to-Sales-Price Ratio?
- How many homes have they have sold in the past year?
Remember, honest agents don't just tell you what you want to hear! They will show you facts and educate you.