Here are five things you should know about home dimensions and room dimensions.
1) Foundation is measured from the outside of the house
2) Bedrooms are measured from wall-to-wall not including inside of closets
3) Kitchens are measured from wall-to-wall (not from cabinet to cabinet)
4) Rooms with built-ins are measured from the front of the built-in (not from the wall behind the built-in)
5) Rooms with sloped ceilings are only measured where the ceilings are at least 5 feet high
So, whether you are measuring a home or considering a home based on dimensions provided, these are five things your must know!
Need help selling or buying? Click to contact me and I would be happy to help you with the measuring. :-)
Remodeling Your House
More Household Tips